We Always Need Volunteers!
If you have questions about volunteering please contact: Kim Reichert
VIPS - VOLUNTEERS IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS Please read the HISD requirements and complete a Volunteer Form before you get started. A copy of your drivers license needs to go to Mr. Thornhill.
Once you are a VIPS, please login EVERY TIME you volunteer. Hours will only be counted when logged in. An easy login link is placed on the tab above under volunteering - VIPS Log-in
Some of the volunteer opportunities at BHS are:
- College Information Center: Organize colleges brochures, assist college guidance counselor and help students/parents with college/scholarships information.
- PTO Food Sales: Volunteer during lunch on Tuesdays and Wednesdays selling food.
- Library: Help the librarian with a variety of duties.
- School Tours: Conduct tours for prospective students and parents (November - May).
- ID Badges: Make students badges during lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Phone Answering Front Office /Counselor’s Office: Answer phones,direct calls and take messages between the hours of 12:15 to 1:30.
- Attendance Office: Help once a week with various duties.
- Field Trip Chaperones: Assist on teacher request as a chaperone.
- Booster Clubs: Help coaches, choir and band directors with different duties.
- As needed: Help BHS when help is needed. Jobs will be listed here when they come up!